Welcome to the ExpatMauritius.com Blog

There are many facets of expatriate life that come as a total surprise. It is easy for outsiders to get the wrong idea about expatriate life: a perception that combines romanticism and leisure, adventure and pleasure, a better life, a hope, a future. It is seen as a privileged lifestyle and envied by those who stay behind. These qualities may, in some way or another, be present in the expatriate lifestyle, but with them also come the sacrifices, discipline, energy, focus, determination, self-discipline and connectedness that enable you to keep yourself together. Share your thoughts on this blog...

If you would like to suggest a topic, please mail us on admin@expatmauritius.com.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Teenage life, how do you fit in?

You have arrived here in Mauritius with your family, are you pleased about the move, or not? Let's hear your thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I arrives in MAuritius about 10 months ago and I loved it!!!
I'm 16 and I think fittin in here is very easy.

Seeing that there are loads of different cultures here, means that you find loads of different personalities here, so it's very easy to find people that fits you and that brings out the best in you!
I find the people here extremely friendly and they try to help you where they can!

So that's my view on moving to Mauritius......

Anonymous said...

am from america and am here since march 2011..
mauritius is a very beautiful country but some people here are really immature and are not open-minded as in other countries & alll they seek from tourist is MONEY.
HOWEVER SOME PEOPLR THERE ARE VERY WELCOMING ANG GOOD...HELPING EACH OTHER...I LIKE THIS COUNTRY'S MULTI FACETTE CULTURE VERY MUCH....

AURITIUS PARADISE ISLAND I LOVE YOU

iDates.mu said...

Hi all

Don't mean to be pushy but I can't keep up with all the posts with video links, news links, music links ... well, you get the picture ... so from now on I'll post anything newsworthy here instead of typing it out ... too hard for me ... and the addresses to any other subjects that I think you all might be interested in. It would be nice if you did the same so I can just come here & get the updates rather than combing through all the other threads. Hope this is okay with all of you ..

here's are some:
http://www.idates.mu/

Please visit and leave your feedbacks